30多年来, the Landmark College Institute for 研究 and 培训 (LCIRT) has provided cutting-edge, 有关, practical professional development to individuals and schools. Informed by current 研究 and decades of classroom experience, LCIRT is a leader in the fields of learning disabilities, 注意力缺陷多动症, 和自闭症.
Our professional development offerings are 研究-based, classroom-tested, 非常实用的, 普遍设计. 我们为各种专业人士提供服务, including educators and disability support personnel at the secondary and postsecondary levels across the United States, 加拿大, 及以后.
We offer a number of ways for individuals and schools to obtain professional development, including:
- 在线研讨会 on the latest topics and trends in LD education
- 在线专业证书 Learning Differences and Neurodiversity (LDN)的专业 执行功能, 自闭症在校园和网上, 专上残疾服务
- 对于我们提供的学校和学院 研讨会 (包括 在线研讨会), 咨询，主题演讲，或可以 定制专业发展 满足你的需求
- 我们的年度 地标学院暑期学院 conference held each year on our beautiful campus in southern Vermont
Contact us to find out more: 802-387-1662 or (电子邮件保护)
研究 clearly shows that transformative professional development for educators doesn’t happen overnight. While traditional single-day in-service 研讨会 are valuable to faculty and staff, professional development that takes place over a series of weeks or months can not only transform the practices of individual teachers, 但可以在全校范围内产生积极的变化.
在LCIRT, our professional development is part of a dynamic triad that includes 研究 以及Landmark College的课堂实践.
研究 conducted by LCIRT informs our professional development and validates Landmark College classroom practice. Our professional development offerings drive new 研究 initiatives. Our classroom practices suggest new pathways for 研究 and energize professional development offerings.
Our work with each school follows our innovative model. It is also highly collaborative and responsive to the culture and needs of each school. 总的来说，我们的工作包括以下几个阶段:
- Customized delivery of content: 有关 theory and practice
- Ongoing support for integration of new information and practice
为学校提供咨询服务, 大学, 协会, 工作场所, 和个人就广泛的话题进行交流. We’ll work flexibly with you and your needs—whether you need just one session or ongoing 咨询 for a project. We can meet your needs in the shared mission of supporting neurodivergent students.
Our team of experts provide 咨询 in the following areas and more:
- Diagnostic evaluation, disability documentation and accommodations
- Learning disabilities and 注意力缺陷多动症 研究 and practice
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and accessibility for students who learn differently
- Universal Design for Learning and Instruction (UDL/I)
- Engaging disengaged learners—study skills, strategies, executive function supports
- Neuroscience of learning—application in the classroom
- Online learning for students who learn differently (LD)
- College transition and admission for students who learn differently (LD)
- Supporting student executive function in and out of the classroom
- Using metacognition techniques to improve student learning and engagement